U-19 World Cup 2022: India captain Yash Dhull and vice-captain SK Rasheed in isolation due to Covid;
U-19 World Cup 2022: Yash Dhull and his deputy Sheikh Rasheed, and four of his teammates tested positive for COVID-19. It forced them to withdraw from Wednesday’s Group B World Cup match. Against Ireland in Tarouba, Trinidad.
Aaradhya Yadav, Vasu Vats, Manav Parakh, and Siddharth Yadav, in addition to Dhull. And Rasheed, were also revealed to be afflicted with the virus. It limits India’s ability to field an XI against Ireland.
“The India U19 squad currently taking part in the ICC Under 19 Men’s Cricket World Cup 2022. They have reported COVID-19 positive cases following RT-PCR and Rapid Antigen Tests. Ahead of their second Group B clash against Ireland U19 on Wednesday morning. Six members out of the 17-member squad were ruled out of selection,” BCCI released a statement.
The medical status of the six members is as below:
- Firstly, Sidharth Yadav – RT-PCR Test result has returned positive.
- Secondly, Manav Parakh – Has shown symptoms. His RT-PCR test result is awaited. Rapid Antigen Test result has returned negative.
- Thirdly, Vasu Vats – Has shown symptoms. His RT-PCR test result is awaited. Rapid Antigen Test result has returned negative.
- Yash Dhull – Rapid Antigen Test result has returned positive.
- Aaradhya Yadav – Rapid Antigen Test result has returned positive.
- Moreover, SK Rasheed – Rapid Antigen Test result has returned positive.
“The Board is monitoring the situation closely and is in touch with the management and the coaching group.”
“The players will remain in isolation. But will be under the constant supervision of the BCCI Medical Team.”
However, skipper Dhull and Rasheed played in the first game against South Africa. Aardhya was not present.
Meanwhile, in the absence of Dhull, Nishant Sindhu commanded the team against Ireland.