Some Australia players concerned about touring Pakistan: Report

author
1 minute, 27 seconds Read

Some Australia players concerned about touring Pakistan: Report

PAK vs AUS: Ahead of the upcoming multi-format tour to Pakistan, it has been reported that some Australia players are afraid to travel Pakistan.

As per a report in Sydney Morning Herald, Terrorist assaults in Pakistan are causing rising concern among the players. Australia will be travelling Pakistan for the first time in 24 years. Cricket Australia previously stated that the safety and well-being of its players is their first priority.

“Cricket Australia (CA) and the Pakistan Cricket Board continue to work closely in planning the tour and are in regular contact with our respective governments,” the statement said.

“We continue to have regular and open discussions with our players. And support staff on the extensive security, bio security and operational arrangements for the tour,” it added.

Earlier, national selector George Bailey had said that he believed security plans were “very, very robust and very, very thorough” for the PAK vs AUS after multiple briefings for what would be the first Australian tour of the country since Mark Taylor’s men visited in 1998.

“I believe the boards are still working through some of the minor details around that tour. So once that gets the formal tick of approval. Then we’ll announce the squad post that, but we’re reasonably well down the track,” Bailey told reporters, as per cricket.com.au.

Following the 4-0 thrashing of England in the Ashes series this summer. The Test team will essentially pick itself, with the emergence of Scott Boland. As a consistent workhorse allowing selectors to rest Jhye Richardson.

On March 3, the historic Test series between Pakistan and Australia will begin in Karachi.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *