India’s 1000th ODI: All the Landmark moments of Indian cricket witnessed at the Motera Stadium
India’s 1000th ODI: The old and refurbished Motera Stadium, now known as the Narendra Modi Stadium, has hosted some of India’s most memorable moments in cricket.
Here are some:
– Sunil Gavaskar scored his 10,000th Test run in 1987
– Former India captain Kapil Dev became the highest wicket-taker in Tests in 1994
– Sachin Tendulkar scored his maiden double hundred in 1999
– Off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin took his 400th Test wicket
– Off-spinner Harbhajan Singh scored his first Test ton
– Kapil Dev took 9 for 83 against West Indies in 1983
– Sachin Tendulkar scored his 18,000th ODI run (vs Australia in the 2011 World Cup)
– Notable Test debut– VVS Laxman (vs South Africa, 1996)
India will play West Indies in a three-match One-Day International series at the stadium, starting on February 6.
Three Twenty20 Internationals will follow at Kolkata’s Eden Gardens stadium.