ICC Awards 2021 to be unveiled this week;
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced the 2021 edition of the ICC Awards, which will honour and celebrate cricket. Throughout the year, the best performances in men’s and women’s international cricket. This week, it will be broadcast on all of ICC’s channels and platforms. In the T20I category, we’ll start with the ICC Teams of the Year. On Wednesday, January 19th, for both men’s and women’s. The ICC Teams of the Year in ODI for both men’s and women’s cricket were announced on Thursday, January 20. On the same day, the ICC Men’s Test Team of the Year will be announced.
Individual awards for excellence in women’s and men’s international cricket. It will be revealed on the ICC channels on 23 and 24 January.
This year’s awards will comprise a total of 13 individual awards in all as listed below:
- Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Men’s Cricketer of the Year
- Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy for ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year
- Men’s Test Cricketer of the Year
- Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year
- Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Year
- Men’s T20I Cricketer of the Year
- Women’s T20I Cricketer of the Year
- Emerging Men’s Cricketer of the Year
- Emerging Women’s Cricketer of the Year
- Men’s Associate Cricketer of the Year
- Women’s Associate Cricketer of the Year
- Spirit of Cricket Award
- Umpire of the Year
Players that have had the most significant impact within the time period. These awards were nominated for the period 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021.
The ICC Voting Academy is made up of a diverse group of international cricket journalists. Broadcasters have voted for their first, second, and third picks, respectively. In addition, 1.2 million cricket fans from around the world voted for their favourite cricketers of the year.
The outcome of the ICC Voting Academy’s selections as well as the fans’ voting. To decide the winner in each of these categories, the data will be merged.
Shortlists were not included in the Emerging and Associate categories. The ICC Voting Academy is the single deciding factor.